Friday, May 16, 2014

My Language Experiences

Hello ! It’s me again!
Today I’m going to be speaking about my experiences in learning languages.  First of all I would like to say that I have been learning English and Arabic for about Ten years. So, now, I consider that I feel more confident to speak English and traditional Arabic with native. Even if it could be possible that there are still many mistakes I make when I talk to native. However I still understand the point and also they do

Honestly, I used to have bad experience which I felt disappointed when I learn Arabic and English for the first time, because I learned using Grammar Translation Approach. I used to be bored during the lesson in the class. It’s because I had to focus on a list of Grammar rules over and over which I really hated it so much during my study. I had to learn by drill’s method and repetition. Even, I had to analyze the rules, texts, and do some tasks and answer many questions based on Textbooks. So, since I graduated from my senior high school still could not speak English and Arabic at all only a little mechanic sentences that I got from the Textbooks.

After graduated from my high school then I decided continuing my study to the university which I studied Arabic. For focusing my study, I have to decide one language to learn. So that’s why I came to the decision that the language I wanted to learn was Arabic. I really gave a big hope to my University for improving my Arabic skill. 

You know that what I want to be after studying Arabic is being Arabic teacher, guide or at a least I can communicate with native. So, I started learning Arabic again in there. After it had gone about fourth semester I begun feeling boring again because of the learning. I did not understand why I have to get such this problem. I thought that I was not comfortable studying Arabic anymore in the university. 

I frustrated for a long months thinking why have not I spoken Arabic yet until now, I felt that all of methods which my Arabic teachers taught to me did not work at all to make me be able to communicate with native. I also felt that all my efforts had not been paid off. I was so sad really deeply sad no motivation anymore.

So, one coincident happened into my life, I tried to get some tips or solution through the Internet. I believe that every problem must be solution there. So, guess what? Eventually I got fantastic site talking about languages learning. Look at this site: Davidmansaray.com or thepolyglotdream.com, or this Fluentin3months.com I tried looking at the topics on this site, after I read a lot about that topic finally my motivation somehow appeared again and I decided starting my learning. 

However, now I learn languages by myself not by taking a course anymore or study in the university, after a long time I stopped in my learning because of frustrated. One thing that makes me so inspired and motivated is how to enjoy your learning process. 

Yeah, I do agree with some opinions that when we learn languages we should enjoy it not to pressure our self. Our brain could not work better and easily and optimally when we gave too much things that it has to produces. So, it is very important to enjoy during learning. Learning language by fun is more relax and fantastic than being depressed because of many rules in the textbook where you have to finish it with no excuse about mistakes. 

Well, so, let’s enjoy our learning. Get something fun and you are going to be satisfied and never give up anymore. It would be much better enjoy the process than always think  about the target or destination. It is like you are climbing to the top of mount, and then you want to enjoy your step from the beginning, from the very easy road, to the top of mount. I do believe that we will be much better if we want to enjoy during journey to the top of mount than always complaining as long as you walk to the top of mount.

Right now, After I comfortable enough in my English and traditional Arabic, I want to learn new language. My choice is Spanish. Why do I choose Spanish because I get similarity rules in grammar between Spanish and Arabic. Arabic has male and female pronoun, Arabic has conjugation and Spanish too. 

So I think that it is good idea to start learning Spanish because has similar characteristics in both languages. Even though I start learning Spanish, now I still improve my Spoken skill in English and Arabic by Chatting on Facebook, Skype, and try to write in both language to maintain all things I have known it. 

Hopefully I can use languages which I have as my skills to my better life. I’ll do my best for everything I want include learning languages. Okay guess Let learn language you like to and focus on your target until you get it easily and eventually you can use the language you have learn to add knowledge, to know about cultures, Languages, in order to be strong man and to be wise.

Okay, well, that is all what I can share to you here. I want to say ‘be happy language learners’.. J See you in another topic. Hopefully you like reading my post here. Thanks for coming here. Bye. 
Listen to The Audio: Audio File



No comments:

Post a Comment